Wednesday, September 11, 2019

It came awhile ago

ordered July 17th to the exact, but the fabric was put in a bag until I had time to work on it.  I was going to give this away and changed my mind.  I've given a lot this year and thought it was my turn.  This was the line.
http://northcott.net/product-detail.aspx?fbid=5&colid=1158&colorid=1794
I purchased the panel and four others from the line.  Karl's quilt that hangs in the living-room was the inspiration so I adapted the pattern I used for that.
 The panel didn't need any straightening, so I trimmed it to the size I wanted and then just cut according to my directions.
By the middle of the afternoon, it was finished.  
Then I hit a snag.  My laptop wouldn't start up.  I tried and tried and nothing, so I put it away.  Not being one to give up, I took it out to the living-room and it worked.  I got the pantograph done and had the thread selected.
The next day I thought I would just run to Staples and buy some data travellers and when I got back home the same thing.  However, this time nothing would bring it to life.  Back to Staples and here I sat for a few days without my faithful companion.   
When you don't have a laptop or desktop, you have to find other ways to keep yourself happy.  I did!  I went down, loaded up and within three days I had this completely finished.  One day to quilt it, one day to bind half and the last day to finish the binding and sew down the sleeve.  I love handwork for the evenings.
and this one is ours.  I did have other plans but when it was done,
well,
some things you just can't part with.

I have a freebie for you I found on Instagram.  It's from a fabric company in Denmark called Stof Fabrics, which is located in Herning.......which means nothing to all of you......but my brother-in-law and his wife live there.  
Here it is.  Adaptable and I'm making it soon.

Search This Blog