Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Panels

I've been discovering that baby panels are now being made larger and need no additional work.  No borders required and that saves money.  Yes, you can take them apart and redo them, but why?  Most of them are lovely enough as they are.
Please welcome Knightley!  The designer is Susy Bleasby and you can read all about her here:
https://www.worldofsusybee.com/the-artist.html
Leftover from another quilt was the yellow binding.  I bought .2 to finish it off.  I save everything because you just never know!
I wanted a balloon pantograph but failed to find one.  I looked through my book and decided that Cakewalk would work and you can see balloons if you use your imagination.  It stitches out beautifully and quickly.  
I didn't particularly want this backing but the store didn't have any grey in stock.  I keep telling myself I am not fussy, but I am.  If it isn't good enough for family, it isn't good enough to donate.  
This fabric is from a line called "You had me at Woof" or "You had me at Meow".  Either/or.  I have a load of it because its just one of those fabrics that fits in with so many others.  You will be seeing it again.
I love this next panel.  Absolutely love it.  I do plan on buying the rest of the set the middle of next month.  I have to have a sabbatical from buying.  The designer is Hannah Dale and you can read about her here:  https://www.wrendaledesigns.co.uk/about-us-en.html
This one is called 
 The backing:
The pantograph is Ginger Hearts and can be found on Urban Elementz.
 This is the thread I used.  It was perfect!  I consulted Anita at Cottonmill Threadworks for the colour.  It just melts into the fabric.






Search This Blog