Tuesday, May 28, 2019

A farming friend told us

that whatever the weather on Good Friday that is what we will have for the next 40 days.  I sure hope they go by fast because it sure hasn't been great in our part of the world.
On another dull, cloudy, non-rainy day I made a backing, I sewed binding and then figured what the heck, I may as well just quilt this quilt out.
My thread choice was King Tut 1023.....another one discontinued!!  It's one of my favourites.
 I bought the dark brown for the front and then opted to use it for backing.  I inserted left-over blocks to make it long enough.
 I used left-over pieces of fabric for the binding
I picked meandering for the pantograph because nothing I had seemed to fit the bill.  I have no idea where I got this from so unfortunately cannot give credit to anyone or any supplier.
                                    
 the back:                                      

the front....
lay it over a chair while you go to do the dishes and the "noseys" go to investigate.

and done....








Search This Blog