Thursday, March 21, 2019

The continuation of the saga


of the "old quilt".

I did offer to let Heather work on this quilt on the long arm and then gave it a second thought.  She has never done anything like that and I really wanted some handwork for the evening.  I'm glad I did because my machine decided to just stop dead in the middle of the row.  No idea why, it just did.  I fixed that up and continued on.  
So here we go.  I didn't take photos as this was being stitched out.  I used  OMNI-V thread 9033 and this pantograph.  It takes a long time to stitch out, but I knew that before I started.  It's from Willow Leaf Studio and it was just the perfect choice for this quilt.
The backing turned out great.  The thread almost looks grey on the back, but it makes a statement and you could turn the runner over if your chose to do so
 I rested it for awhile because I had company coming in the afternoon.  When they left I went back down
 and trimmed it up.  I also cut all the binding and stitched it together and then sewed it on.
 The one thing I'm not is a procrastinator.  Once it is trimmed the binding goes on, once the binding is on, it gets stitched down.  I have been good for two years and once I start a project I finish it.
I snapped this shot to show you how well the "new" fabric works with the "old" fabric.
 There were some holes from the tying of the quilt I just could not get rid of so I needed a solution.
 I chose these buttons and they just go so well with the "new" fabric.  This fabric is always in my stash.  It's from Andover and it works with so many colours.
Heather wanted the old label saved, so I did and I stitched it to the back.  
It's done, it's back home and she is happy with it.
I unrolled the runner just a little bit to snap this photo.  
I love the way the quilting shows up on the back, just love it!!



Search This Blog