Wednesday, October 17, 2018

It started way back

in April.  I bought a jelly roll and a bright co-ordinate and decided to try out a new pattern, which I do like, just not with these fabrics.  The pattern is called Chill Out and it is by Zen Chic.
Apparently, I paid for it but I don't recall doing that.  It is on Etsy and I don't deal with them, so how I got it, I do not know.  I did it legally, I know that.
I didn't find there was enough variation in the fabrics.  Too much of the same pattern, over and over again, just in different colour ways.
 I had decided on this -- okay I don't know the colour -- brilliant green/turquoise/something -- fabric for the side triangles.  It works okay with it.  I do believe it's a Grunge fabric from Northcott.
 I threw it over the long arm and looked at it.  Then I dug out what I thought was the backing.  Not enough!  Shoot.
I'm adding to it. I did consider buying a widleback but I find unless the quilt is big, I waste a lot of fabric.  I had nothing to bind it with so I bought the fabric on the far left.
 This white with the tiny print of whatever worked so well, I bought a meter and then I prayed.
 A gallery of photos of the completed quilt.  The pantograph is called "Geometric" and works really well with this quilt





 The quilt was stitched with King Tut #1023 a beautiful turquoise.  It blends and at the same time adds to the quilt.


Search This Blog