Wednesday, October 10, 2018

How many greens




do you take out to choose
so you can make one little tree from the Fat Cat BOM?????

Well apparently, I needed a lot.  It took me longer to make the decision than it did to make the block.
I really like this piece of fabric and it gave the trunk of the tree some pizzazz.
I must have kept these two fabrics from long ago for just this project

 I needed a solid -- well more or less a solid -- to quiet my tree down

but I wanted the top of the tree to have some "light"
and when it was all done
it just made me feel so good that I had chosen the right fabrics.
I'm ready for the final block and then I can get moving on completing this quilt.
I can't believe we are nearly done.
When I was all finished I took some time to wind some bobbins.
I love Superior Threads So Fine for joining my blocks.
It just fades away and you never, ever see it.
As you know, The Budster loves thread so I have bobbins top and bottom

Those are elastic hair bands keeping the thread in place.
Janet Henry who owned The Quilters' Garden Patch passed this tip along to me years ago.
Thanks, Janet.
I'm ready to go on my next project.

I am really sorry to have to tell you this
Sindy from Fat Cat is having her patterns stolen 
and the thief is using them to make goods to sell
pretending they are their patterns.

I took down all the photos off this site, 
marked them Fat Cat and then reposted!!!
and I will be doing this from now on
when I make something from someone
else.
This is out and out copyright violation and it 
burns me to the core!!









Search This Blog