Saturday, April 21, 2018

National Volunteer Week

Volunteers are the backbone of a community.  They could be in a guild, in a hospital, in a Ronald McDonald House, at your local humane society OR they could just be a group of ladies that meet every Wednesday in your local sewing store turning out quilts plus a whole lot of other things.

Volunteers are recognized once a year for an entire week to give them thanks for all they do. 

It's my turn!!  There are a lovely group of women that meet every Wednesday to do good in their community.  Some of the ladies are also in the same store every Monday organizing and sorting getting ready for Wednesday.  They are the Caring Stitches at Sew Etc., here in Burlington. 

I have no idea how much they do in a year, but it is a LOT!  I started with the group when they were putting blocks together for Quilt Canada last year.  I offered to do the quilting.  I'm still doing the quilting, but that is all I do.  Nothing more.  I pick up on Wednesday and drop everything I took home two weeks later.
I may be biased, but I think every volunteer across Canada deserves thanks and praise for what they do.
Without volunteers your hospital might have to close it's doors,
without volunteers your humane society may have to think twice before taking in that stray puppy or kitten
without volunteers a lot of organizations would not function.

Today is the last day for Volunteer Week.

If you know someone who volunteers 
Thank them.

That is all I ask.

Search This Blog