Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Rainy Day

in more ways than one back in February -- on a Friday -- my grocery day.  Yes, those are rain drops hanging from the tree branches.  It was so wet for an entire week.  We had one good day out of 7!

I opted to head down to the sewing room, dig out my jelly roll and my background fabric and get to work.  The line of fabric is called "Rainy Day" and it was designed by Me and My Sister for Moda.  The pattern I chose is called "Ridiculously Easy Jelly Roll Quilt".  The background fabric is not white, I opted for a medium grey and it is Canvas from Northcott
You can see the rows marked here on the instructions.
This pattern is called "Ridiculously Easy Jelly Roll" quilt and it would have been had the directions been right.  What a mess.  
Here is the original so you know I didn't scoff the instructions.  I won't be caught for copyright issues
These are mine.  All corrections have been applied and you can find them here:

This ridiculously easy quilt took me four days to make.  I had to keep stopping and scratching my head trying to figure out why she was saying things that just didn't add up.

This may take two days, but here goes. As I cut each strip into 4 pieces, I laid them carefully on my cutting surface.  
When i was all finished I took my masking tape and starting at the beginning I marked each set with an A, B, C, D, E, D, C, B, A., etc.  Continue until you are finished.  I didn't move anything. 

i took each set and sewed the background fabric to them
When that was done I refereed to the pattern as to where the next pieces were to be sewn.
I did all the "A's", then the "B's" and finished up.  When that was done, I marked A-1, A-2, A-3, A-4....then the "B's" and so on.
 I hung them on my flannel board in those sets.  i ran out of room, so I laid them on my table for my long arm.
Now it gets easy!  Pick up A and sew to B and just follow the print out.  Remember "Rome wasn't built in a day" and this quilt won't be either.  Take you time and check and double check.

This is the final piece.  On the deck on a windy day!
If I was doing this quilt again, I would start and stop it so that top and bottom are the same.  I would remove the four rows on the left.  It would be balanced.  I am however, not wasting this fabric and it will stay.  Another time


Well, look at that.  All done and it only took one blog post.  Another day for the quilting.  The fabric is on it's way from BC






SaveSave

Search This Blog