Tuesday, March 6, 2018

I tried something new

new for me, anyway.  I made a mini!  I have never made one before but I had so much fabric left over from Bayberry I went into EQ and redesigned the quilt.  I love EQ when I don't have to make the block.  I just went into search in the block library, typed in log cabin and picked the one I wanted.  I made it 6" so the centre was 12" x 12".
Hmmmm, guess I should have edited this first.  Sorry.
Once the blocks were done, I added the borders and then I set the fabric in.  To save ink and paper I now write the cutting instructions right on the print out.  I also print the cutting for the block which is always figured out properly by EQ.  I'm for that......saves my thinker!!
Due to a day when the brain was not in full gear and it happens often, I now keep everything right in front of me on the work station.
 and my other little reminder too.
I cut all the pieces the night before while Karl watched television.  I'm not a fan of a lot of his shows.  Give me sanity and no violence every day of the week.
 When I sew my pieces together I strip piece and I try to sew from the side that has the seams so they don't fold over.  I finally learned that about a year ago.  I told you my thinker doesn't work well.
Here it is.  All done and ready for quilting.  
Before the new sewing room was even painted, we went up to Lowe's to pick up a few things.  I wanted some cork tiles because my bulletin boards were not "thick" enough.  We tried years ago glueing cork onto a piece of wood, but it is so thin the pins wouldn't stay in.  I bought two packages of cork tiles -- 4 to a pack -- and Karl recut the large board to a 24" X 24".  He just glued them onto the existing board and trimmed it back.  This one is beside the smaller cutting table
I have this one on the work station to hold cutting instructions.  I've made fewer mistakes by having it in full sight.

The tiles didn't cost that much and it is so worth it to have really good boards up in the room




Search This Blog