Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Starting the year off right

This is my list for this month.  One is done but

it was started in December.  A little boy loves sports so finding fabric that worked took me back to Oakville.  This is what I found at the Oakville Sewing and Quilting Centre.   The top photo are the front and that red matches the stitching in the baseball perfectly!!
 and the back which is flannel
It took a few days but the top was done before Christmas!!
and then the back which was going to be bland with a piece of fabric sewn in to make it wider.  Sooooo, I ran some letters off in Word at 600 font size and fused them onto the back
 baseball, basketball, soccer ball, football...take you pick.
                        I found the perfect pantograph called More Sports designed by the Pattern Man. 
It was difficult to get a picture of the panto as the thread disappeared on the top.  This was as good as it "got" on the back.
                                    and here it is.  All done and ready for donation.

There was enough fabric left over to make a pillowcase to go with it.  I'm really happy with how this turned out.
This is also my year for keeping a scrapbook of everything I complete.
I don't care whether it is sewing or knitting it will be printed off on Pic-Collage and kept.
This is an APP I use on my phone.  
I like it because you can sort of do your own thing.
Once I buy the book I'll take a photo and show you what I'm doing.



Search This Blog