Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Just a mish-mash of things

Last summer there was a Shop Hop in this area and beyond.  I walked into Sewetc., and was blown away by the beauty of their store sample.  I have seen the rest, but let me tell you this is by far the best one.
I love this.  Cheryl who works at the store, designed this and put it together.  There were a lot of compliments and they are richly deserved.  Way to go Cheryl.

I worked away on a load of quilts to be donated to foster children and one sunny Friday, Karl and I dropped them off.  There were 12 in total.  Seven tops from Patricia and I and then the rest.  I'm working on more now for older children and they will be posted.
 These are all for foster children.  Two of the quilts had pillowcases to go with them.  More are being made.

NOW!  the "pièce de résistance"
I have wanted one of these for a long, long time.
I asked before and this time I was told order it.  So I did
This is from a very small company in Illinois.  They are barn quilts, but not your everyday barn quilts.  These are metal.

Isn't this beautiful?
This is the Feathered Star. 
These are supposed to hang straight but I'm going on point so it looks like a snowflake.  Okay, stretch your imagination.

I deal with Mom and Pop stores.  I really try to avoid the big box stores.  I never, ever deal with Amazon and yes you can argue with me all you want, I won't deal with them.  They are putting all the little guys out of business and I am so against that.  That's my sermon for today.



Search This Blog