Tuesday, November 7, 2017

I found a freebie


on the internet.  No idea how I came across it.  It is called the Easy Fat Quarter Quilt and your copy of the pattern can be found here.  It was fast, but next time I won't go out and buy 6 fat quarters.  I'm just going to cut up fabrics to the sizes needed and sew it together.
I have no idea what the line of fabric was called because I tossed everything out in the garbage that would have told me.  I just picked up six of the fat quarters and went for it.  I would pay more attention the next time I make this pattern up.
 I wanted a particular colour of thread, but couldn't find it.  Cheryl suggested this one and it worked beautifully.  King Tut 920
I couldn't find a pantograph with lots of nice woodland creatures so I opted for Sweet Snooze.

 The backing is flannelette and I only bought what I needed.  It is now $17.99 a meter and that's just about my limit.
 I went out to the deck and snapped a few photos of the finished quilt.
 The store didn't bring in any yardage so we opted for a solid fabric for the binding

 and I didn't forget my new label.  This is so much easier than printing off labels on the computer and you can stitch through these beautifully.
Another quilt for the donation pile.

Search This Blog