Wednesday, November 29, 2017

I am shocked!

My son in law asked awhile ago if I would make a quilt for his Mom for Christmas.  (He is paying me for this, BTW.)  Between his sister-in-law and Paul,l we got a colour and he told me which quilt in my stash he liked.  He chose All Boxed In.

He wanted big, so that kind of eliminated a lap quilt.  I asked him about 72 x 72 and he said perfect.  Soooooo, I EQ'd it.
These aren't quite the colours.
 and this one has the names of a bunch of quilt shops, some of which are in Australia and Canada.   For me to find a few right here in Ontario was a real joy
I decided -- due to absolute stupidity -- that the blocks would finish at 8" so the pattern I designed would work out.  Have you ever tried to divide 3 into 8??  I need to give my head a shake some days, I really do.
Anyway, regardless of all that sewing, then trimming, then sewing some more and more and more, the end result was worth it. 
It's a bit like Morse Code or as another friend said....ribbons
and here it is
all finished and now has been picked up
I chose the pantograph Daisy Bounce because of this flower 

 I had it on the floor of the computer room/den/catch everything room and loved this angle of the design.
and the backing
 I used a King Tut thread called "Linen" and it blended perfectly on both the front and the back.  This is a flannel backing so it really "puffs".
 and my label......



Search This Blog