Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Do you watch Heartland

on CBC on Sunday nights?  On the show is a young lady that was in the foster care system.  She was adopted by a couple on the show and that is the gist of it.

I have decided that my next place to donate to, will be one for foster children.  I have donated to Ronald McDonald House in Hamilton, but so do a lot of other people, I have donated to Healthy Babies, Healthy Children in Halton County but we were recently told they have enough for now.  I've checked into a lot of places and they don't want or have enough or if I donate then they continually ask me for money.  I don't give money.

I found a place online and I wrote to them.  They are grateful and these quilts will be given to the children so they can take them with them.  They are their quilts, not the foster homes.  I was in total agreement.

Here we go.  Photos of the upcoming donations that are done.

First is Mother Goose and who doesn't love her.  The pantograph is simply called "Hearts".
 Each quilt has a flannelette backing on it so if the baby is lying on a floor it is extra warm.


 This pantograph is called Sweet Snooze from Intelligent Quilting.  This quilt is quite heavy so I opted for less thread which meant a larger design.

These are my labels that are being sewn onto the back of each quilt.

Wait until next week and see what we have done.  
You will be amazed.



Search This Blog