Tuesday, September 19, 2017

My daughter-in-law's

great niece was hit by a car about 3 years ago.  She was airlifted from her town in central Ontario to the Sick Kids hospital in Toronto to be taken care of by the wonderful doctors and nurses there.

Once again she has had to go through a test after test to satisfy an insurance company.  I thought it was time to make her a quilt..........something I should have done a long time ago.

The weather was beautiful one Saturday in August so I set up my little sewing machine on the outside table and stitched away for the entire day.
The only time I left was to hang up another load of clothes or walk downstairs and press the seams.  Otherwise, I just strip pieced everything.
Fortunately, I had pinks and purples in stock and the cream I had was destined to work with the purple fabric.  Six centers of the purple blocks are different.  I wanted to give this a try.




I had no time to spare because the following Thursday I was delivering this quilt to Heather for her to give to her sister, for her sister to take to Huntsville for Bella.

I opted for my favourite panto...........Hearts and Flowers and I used a thread called Raspberry Parfait by Superior.  I was going to use a pink thread but this one just worked out a whole lot better.






 My new labels came!  I stitched this one right onto the backing and then the quilting will help to hold it in place a bit more.  From now on, I'll put them right into the binding.  I am really happy with the company I ordered them from.  They are in Philadelphia, PA and their service is quick and accurate.  If you are interested, here's the link:





Search This Blog