Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Celebrating our country


and her 150th birthday continues.  We aren't giving up until the end of December.

On July 8th three of us ventured over to Hamilton to the Cotton Factory to see a quilt that is spectacular.                                
                                          The Quilt of Belonging

The three of us were astonished at the beauty of this quilt.  We were astonished with the creativity, with the workmanship and where do I stop!  Amazing, stupendous, magnificent.  If it ever happens to come anywhere close to you, make sure you take a day to go and see it.  Believe me you will not be disappointed.

To quote the Canadian Football League........diversity is our strength and our country is diverse from coast to coast to coast.  I never even thought of some of the places that people have migrated from to this fabulous country.  We are so lucky they came.  

I didn't take a lot of photos.  A few were blurry so they got deleted, but I bought the book for my winter reading.  If it is ever in my area again, I will go back and see it again.  

Thank you to all who have pulled up roots in their homelands and immigrated to this great country.  You came for a number of reasons......adventure, war, new opportunities, suppression.  I welcome you because you are what makes my country great.


                                  Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Create a free digital slideshow

Search This Blog