Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Two more charity quilts

I thought the ladies at the store put these tops together, but I have found out they have all been donated.  Let me say, they have been a challenge to work to work on, but I am mastering it.
This was the second one I put through (the first was yesterday's)

 I used an "old" pantograph that I had.  It is called Ginger Snaps and I found it on Digi-Tech.  The thread is OMNI-V and I shouldn't have folded it for a week before I took the photo.   Sorry.
I learned a long time ago from Sue Patten (quilter extraordinare), that cotton batting holds the folds as you can see in photo number 2.  Poly batting doesn't do that.  I didn't give this quilt a good shake up before I laid it down to be photographed, hence you can see where I folded it.  One of the many reasons why you take your quilts out periodically and refold a different way.
 #2.  Not a log cabin, not a courthouse steps.  Well maybe it is.  Anyway, there are a lot of fabrics in this quilt
This is a new pantograph that my friend Robin showed on her Facebook page.  It is called Popcorn, by Jodi Beamish, and it stitches out beautifully and fast.  The thread is another OMNI but just plain old blue
I donated the backing because they didn't give me enough.  I'll give it back and they can lengthen it for another quilt.  I bought this fabric and then wondered why.  I guess I know the answer to that now.

Search This Blog