Thursday, June 1, 2017

Haiti

In 2010, the tiny country of Haiti had a massive earthquake that devastated so many different places.  My family doctor was affiliated with a children's hospital, so I went to the Guild I was a member of, and was given permission to host a "quilt-a-thon" for the children at Grace Children's Hospital.
We had a fabulous turn out on a Saturday morning.


The generous quilters that gave from the heart to unfortunate children in a terrible situation.....and yes, that's my family doctor in amongst us all.
I have a two fold reason for posting this.  One is to show the generosity of quilters, the other is to talk about donating.
We have given a lot of quilts over the years -- an awful lot!  
Slave Lake, Alberta
High River, Alberta
Fort Mac, Alberta
Haiti
and of course locally......always locally!
I have seen the best of the best, I've also seen quilts not so well done.  I know that people are giving from the heart,
but my theory has and always will be
if it isn't good enough for your family
it isn't good enough to donate.
Please if the quilt is just a wee bit dirty, give it a wash.  
Seriously, would you like to receive something like that?
Please consider using quality fabrics.
I know they are expensive in Canada,
but would you give something to your family that isn't the best.
Just because you are giving it away
doesn't mean it should be --
well -- cheap is the word that comes to mind.
Remember the baby quilt you are donating is going to a baby
that is just as special as the new baby in your life.



Search This Blog