Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Somedays math and I

don't get along.  Saturday, April 29th was once of those days.
I purchased some really cute fat quarters at the Oakville Sewing and Quilting Centre, and really wanted to get to them.
The fabric line is called Whale of a Time and it is from Northcott.  I only chose these 6
 but when I got home I tried these two pieces from my stash and boy did they work well with them
The stripe fabric is from a line called "Cheeky Monkey" from Northcott and the turquoise is from Paintbrush Studios.
I designed a quilt on EQ and set to work.  I did the math for row three and thought I had it.  BIG mistake
With my calculations, it ended up short of the top and fifth row.  I couldn't do much but cut them back, so I did.  When I was finished I had this, which I do like.  Unfortunately, I can't give you directions for a quilt that I didn't calculate properly.  Perhaps I will re-do some day and then I can share.
I thought about the panto for this for 24 hours.  I knew the thread -- or I thought I did.  
A good night's sleep and everything changed.
I opted not to go with white thread, or turquoise.  I chose navy blue instead.
I opted not to go with waves, guppies, or bubbles and decided on "Splash" instead.
Sometimes it's better to get a good night's sleep and look at things in a different light the next day.
Tomorrow, we will wrap up this quilt.

Search This Blog