Wednesday, May 24, 2017

and then I made the top

A very simple little pattern for these fabrics.  The orange and blue are the four patch and the stripe is the binding.
Cut the four patch squares 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" and you need 50 of each.  You can strip piece them and it goes a lot faster and you will use less thread.
The focal fabric was cut 6 1/2" x 6 1/2".
 After the four patches are all made and pressed well, you start the construction of the top.  7 blocks across, 7 rows in total
 This is the final quilt.  Our part of the country has had so much rain that taking photos outside was impossible.  I haven't seen rain like that in a long, long time.  The creek that runs through our valley (we are on high ground) turned into a lake at the Royal Botanical Gardens.  It has been unbelievable. We got off easy in comparison to others.
 I knew the thread I was going to use on this even before I had the top completed.  King Tut #929, Chariot of Fire.
 One little airplane......

and the back which I'm really lovin'.  It is absolutely perfect.  The top and the bottom of the insert are exact!



Search This Blog