Wednesday, May 24, 2017

and then I made the top

A very simple little pattern for these fabrics.  The orange and blue are the four patch and the stripe is the binding.
Cut the four patch squares 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" and you need 50 of each.  You can strip piece them and it goes a lot faster and you will use less thread.
The focal fabric was cut 6 1/2" x 6 1/2".
 After the four patches are all made and pressed well, you start the construction of the top.  7 blocks across, 7 rows in total
 This is the final quilt.  Our part of the country has had so much rain that taking photos outside was impossible.  I haven't seen rain like that in a long, long time.  The creek that runs through our valley (we are on high ground) turned into a lake at the Royal Botanical Gardens.  It has been unbelievable. We got off easy in comparison to others.
 I knew the thread I was going to use on this even before I had the top completed.  King Tut #929, Chariot of Fire.
 One little airplane......

and the back which I'm really lovin'.  It is absolutely perfect.  The top and the bottom of the insert are exact!


Search This Blog

Print Friendly

Print Friendly and PDF