Wednesday, April 26, 2017

and it's done too

I asked my friend Anne.......what if?......we took two different pantographs and did some swapping about.
We took Ginger Hearts

and Ginger Flower and combined them  

                                       
so that it looked something like this

She could and I had a new pantograph in my arsenal
My quilt top measured 37 x 55, so I figured maybe a 7.5" panto going lengthwise instead of widthwise as you would only do 5 rows instead of a whole bunch of short ones.
These pantos stitch out quickly, maybe 5 minutes per row.
                                      
I wanted this because of the fabric.  This is Basically Hugs by Red Rooster and it is my all new favourite fabric.  I wish I could buy a bolt of it.  It is that versatile!  Click on the photo below and look closely at it.  I ordered it in from the Jelly Roll shop in Chilliwack, but locally I can get it at The Village Square.
 It has a heart basket with flowers, and by combining the pantos it is perfect!  I love this flower!

 Within a short period of time, the quilt was done and hanging on the frame.
A couple of evenings work and the binding was sewn down and outside I went on Easter Sunday morning and snapped a few shots
The plant in the background is a "Heather".  I purchased two of them for the side garden
Not sure I would use this muslin for a backing again.  The thread count gives it a tight weave
Up close to the fabulous pantograph








Search This Blog