Saturday, October 15, 2016

It was f.a.b.u.l.o.u.s!

and just what I needed.  A day away from packing and purging.
Last Friday our little stitch and chat group.....Friday's Fabulous Females.....had Anita from CottonMill Threadworks come in to do a workshop for us.
It was all about needles and all about my second passion..........thread!


Anita discussed the threads -- both cotton and poly -- and then let us try every thread that she carries. We played with our sewing machines and used stitches many of us had never used before.
We wrote down the thread, the needle and the stitch from our machine on the sample pieces we made up beforehand.
At 12:00 noon we stopped for lunch which I must say was out of this world.  One of the girls organized a pot luck and we had pulled pork on a bun with salads.....many salads and then our baker extraordinaire made two decadent desserts for us.  This is one of them!  A carrot cake that was to die for!
 I had to take a close up of the hydrangea flowers that Margaret had on the top of the carrot cake.  All hand painted.  Fabulous, scrumptious
We had fresh fruit which I nibbled on all afternoon.
I have had absolutely nothing but positive feedback on this workshop.  I cannot urge you enough to take this full day class with Anita.  
If I get the chance I am taking it again.
I learned things I never knew before and so did the other girls.  
To quote one of the gals:
"I had a great day and it just helped to build my confidence with quilting and trying other threads.  I learned so much."
Always remember the needle is one of the most important parts of your machine.  Change it, baby it.  I'm not much into changing it every 8 hours, but if you sew anywhere near as much as I do, replace it on a regular basis. 
It is the cheapest thing on your machine and it can do the most damage.

Anita travels across Canada, so if she is ever in your neck of the woods,  and it is possible, organize a workshop with her.  
It is so, so worth it!

That is it for quite awhile.  We are packed up with a bit of cleaning left to do.  We take possession of our new home on the 27th so we start moving then.  
The moving truck will come on the 3rd of November.  
I cannot believe I will be without internet for 36 hours, but I will!  Can I survive?  
You betcha I can.
I have lots to sew when I get set up in our new home.  
Take care
See you soon


Search This Blog