I posted about the creation of this quilt back on August 15th. When I was finished I saw something that caused me some agitation. The white fabric is directional. I never noticed until the whole quilt was sewn together.
You can really see it here. I never noticed it though. I think I left my glasses on the other side of the room.
I decided I couldn't live with it, so I sat on a very hot day and took it apart. I re-invented this pattern by moving rows around.
Then it was time to make a backing. The quilt at this stage measures 44 x 61" so I needed to widen the piece I had to make it work.
I decided to cut the fabric 72" because mathematically it was just easier to work with.
I did note that it was a directional fabric!!!
My intention was to just insert a big piece of blue off to one side and then that little light bulb started blinking.
This delectable green and the luscious blue were pulled to make blocks.
It was 93° outside when I snapped this photo. I'm not factoring in the humidity. I hung it, took some pictures and came back in. I'm waiting patiently for October.
Tomorrow....the saga continues!