Monday, August 29, 2016

Where do they go?

Our coasters seem to have grown legs and walked out of the house.

Well, it's that or the cats have new toys that have gone to never, never land.

As we were down to about 3 of them I decided to check out the batik box and see what was there.  Lo and behold, there were 5 1/2" squares left over from this quilt.

I have made this style of coaster a lot and I won't refer you back to all the blog posts about them.  This is the link:

I really want to make some new placemats when we move that will go with this 
that I made last year.  The tutorial is here.
I opted to make them with the batiks so everything more or less will go together.  The placemats will be oval instead of circular -- well, that's the plan now.  Things could change.
 One morning and the coasters were done.  I must say Karl was quite impressed as he only asked for them at the end of last week........
and guess what, I'm the only one who has used them.  I better put one on the table near where he sits.

I've been fiddling and fooling on the computer as I have nothing else to do!  If you believe that I have this gorgeous land up on the Canadian shield that produces the best vegetables this side of the farmer's garden.  LOL
This is one of the coneflowers that bloomed last summer.  They were huge and the colours were beautiful.  This year's crop was tiny as were a lot of other flowers......if they didn't just flower and die.  It was a bad year for gardeners.

 A simple upload and within a minute I had this.  I don't know how well it will do if I enlarge it, but I'm going to try.
If you want to waste some time one day 
is where I played.


Search This Blog