Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Happy summer

It has finally arrived.  I like summer with it's wonderful colours of greens everywhere, potato tops, peas, the grass, the tomato plants, the zucchinis......hungry yet?  Well, I tried.

This is a new baby quilt that was designed with the help of a friend of mine that loves to play with words.  I came up with one -- yes only one -- word for baby things and Lynda took it from there.  I drafted this up on EQ and then everything sat here.  I had other obligations........or so I told myself.

I really tried to be careful putting this together, and even with the pattern
 near the flannel wall
 and taped to the sewing machine, I goofed twice.  Okay, three times.  You would have thought I had learned my lesson after the first time, but I didn't.  All I can say is be careful, be very careful when putting it together.
It is an easy pattern.  5" squares of two different colours.  That's it.  Oh and of course, the letters which I'm going to give you.  Free of charge!!!  The whole alphabet.

The quilting still has to be done and one hot humid day I'll head to the basement and get it done.
PS.......I'm sorry but today I'm having computer issues and cannot link you to the handout.  Perhaps tomorrow I can share.

Search This Blog