It worked perfectly. Just the look I wanted.
I stitched huge dragonflies all over the quilt. The panto is called Dragon Wings by Apricot Moon.I believe there were 6 dragonflies to one set and then the curvy lines that make them look like they are flying. The thread is visible on some bits of the wallhanging and fades in others.
It was bigger than I thought it was going to be. I don't know why, way back before I started this, I thought is was going to be small.........it came out to 62" x 62". The original spot for this quilt was to be the dining-room wall but my all time favourite quilt is there and it's not going anywhere
First photo is the back -- a left over panel and bits and pieces of the other fabrics plus one from my stash I don't know why I bought.
This was the second big quilt I did on my frame and I'm really happy with how it turned out.
The first part of this story can be found here