Wednesday, May 11, 2016

I found a freebie.........

on the internet and had to try it.  You can find the directions here,
Of course, I had to change it.  I had some fabric for another project I really didn't like when I got home.  Beautiful fabrics, but not for the project I had in mind.  I opted to try this pattern but I wanted it smaller.
Instead of 4.5" strips I cut mine 3.5 x 15.5.  I sewed them together more or less randomly.
To say it was boring was an understatement.
 I thought maybe flowers in bright bold colours and snapped a photo.  A bit too bright, a bit too bold
 Then the latest Quiltmaker magazine arrived in my mailbox and there was a little quilt with cars!  Bingo!  I traced and fused a whole bunch of them on and the quilt became alive.
 I found the perfect pantograph on Digitech Designs called Hot Wheels!
 I kept it large because I thought the quilt needed lots of movement to take away from the straight lines.  
 The panto brings back memories of Peter, Kristina and I playing hot wheels down the stairs.  We had the track start upstairs, made the curve go around the landing and then down the rest of the stairs into the kitchen.  Peter always knew the fastest car in the toy box.






It is more than fantastic to have your own long arm in your house.  I can make a quilt, put it on the long arm and have it done within a week.  No more UFO's hanging around.  Sheer joy!

Search This Blog