Fall has arrived

Fall has arrived
my favourite time of the year

Until the next quilt

Bella Sophia

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

The middle of the month has come and gone

and fall is definitely in the air in my neck of the woods.

I made it out to stitch and chat this month, so I have some "eye candy" for you.  Just one photo to share.  Karen was working on the binding for this quilt..........a lot of us were working on bindings......
I snapped this with my phone, so it isn't the greatest photo in the world, but it's the only one I have.  This quilt was a kit that Karen purchased a long time ago.  Isn't it beautiful?


I've been browsing again.  I was on Pinterest one night and this tutorial was on.  I love the idea she came up with......I hope she came up with it.   I must admit her voice was hard to take for me, but it's worth sitting through.
The block is called "Twice as Nice" and although they are made with a jelly roll, you can take your own fabrics and cut 2 1/2" strips and make this one up.

I also saw this and it is on my bucket list of things to make next year.  I love the panel which I will not be able to find, but there must be another one out there somewhere that would work.  I love the soft look of this.  
See the words in the upper left hand corner!

Finally one more to keep you busy over the week-end.  

I love Massachuettes and Boston holds fond memories for me.  This strip was made from blocks called The Boston Block and they are the left overs from another project.  All I could think was what a great border it would make!  Another thing on my list.
You can find the tutorial here:
The week is only beginning and
I have a few projects to start and some to finish.  It should keep me busy and possibly out of trouble for a few days.

by Maya Angelou

"Sometimes a small thing you do can mean everything in another person's life. When you learn, teach. When you get, give."

Search This Blog

Print Friendly

Print Friendly and PDF