Tuesday, October 20, 2015

The middle of the month has come and gone

and fall is definitely in the air in my neck of the woods.

I made it out to stitch and chat this month, so I have some "eye candy" for you.  Just one photo to share.  Karen was working on the binding for this quilt..........a lot of us were working on bindings......
I snapped this with my phone, so it isn't the greatest photo in the world, but it's the only one I have.  This quilt was a kit that Karen purchased a long time ago.  Isn't it beautiful?


I've been browsing again.  I was on Pinterest one night and this tutorial was on.  I love the idea she came up with......I hope she came up with it.   I must admit her voice was hard to take for me, but it's worth sitting through.
The block is called "Twice as Nice" and although they are made with a jelly roll, you can take your own fabrics and cut 2 1/2" strips and make this one up.

I also saw this and it is on my bucket list of things to make next year.  I love the panel which I will not be able to find, but there must be another one out there somewhere that would work.  I love the soft look of this.  
See the words in the upper left hand corner!

Finally one more to keep you busy over the week-end.  

I love Massachuettes and Boston holds fond memories for me.  This strip was made from blocks called The Boston Block and they are the left overs from another project.  All I could think was what a great border it would make!  Another thing on my list.
You can find the tutorial here:
The week is only beginning and
I have a few projects to start and some to finish.  It should keep me busy and possibly out of trouble for a few days.

Search This Blog