Tuesday, September 29, 2015

I had a fabulous summer


late summer wasn't too fantastic, but that is all behind us now.
I challenged my Facebook friends to finish up some of their UFO's and they joined me.  I got a lot done and I'm proud of what I accomplished.
First up was a quilt top that has been in this house since forever!  I bought a kit years ago and have procrastinated getting this done.  It started off as one quilt, that got ditched and a new plan made.  This is it.  Final!
Pam suggested going outside the box and using a soft mauve on the back with the leftover blocks.  I'm game for anything so we went for it
 You can see why she thought of the mauve.  It's in the fabric on the front and a bit of it is on the back too.  The binding is tucked away.  I'm thinking this may be machine quilted in October.  Where is it going?  I haven't decided.


This is ours.  Our new summer bed runner.  The middle section wasn't long enough and I pondered for a long time on what to do.  I dug it out, and the idea for the two ends hit me like a brick on the side of the head.
It went over to Anne to be long arm quilted.



I asked my girls if either of them needed a baby quilt before I donated what I had in stock.  Heather asked and lo and behold wouldn't you know she wanted a quilt for a girl.  I only had boy quilts, but I did have fabric.  I just needed a backing
 One day, I promise faithfully, I will do a whole alphabet for all of you.  I love this font.  It is called Braddon and I found it on EQ.
This fabric seemed fitting for the new little princess..........wonderful, colourful crowns!




Search This Blog