Thursday, June 25, 2015

This is it

my last post until September..........after tomorrow's post!  I'm taking a long sabbatical from blogging this year, but I will come back and show you the work I've done over the summer months.  I have two wonderful kits I want to make up and baby quilts galore that need quilting.  Morgan's quilt top has to be made too, so I think I'll be kept busy.
I have an appointment with a surgeon to see if she can do something with my knee.  It isn't getting any better unfortunately, so I'm hopeful!  I would like to stop aching for just one day.
We had our pot luck lunch and I only took three photos.
This was our lunch........it was beautiful.  Lots of different salads, an appetizer, meatballs and of course.........desserts!  I had a bit of everything.
And Karen has done it!  Finished the hexagon quilt she has been working on for a long, long time.  It is absolutely beautiful.

The  baby quilt was put on the frame at Sewing Machines, etc., and lickety-split it was done.  The panto is called
Torrent
and you can read the details if you like, right there on the photo.
We chose waves, not because of the front, but because the back was .........


 was talking to me.  The colours worked beautifully with the front and as the quilt is going to Haiti, something that said water coming onto a beach seemed appropriate.
I loved this fabric so much I went back and purchased what was left on the bolt!  I have no idea what I will do with it.......something "fishy" I think!


Turquoise variegated King Tut thread on the front, white So Fine on the back.  Before I finish up for the summer, let me rave about the So Fine thread.  It fills the bobbin and I do mean fills.  You can sew inches and inches and inches without changing bobbins.  It is perfect for hand stitching too.
Piecing..........fabulous.  Your 1/4" seam allowance will be absolutely perfect.
Tonight is Taylor's night.  She is graduating from high school with honours, and Grandpa and I are invited to attend the ceremony.  I'm hoping to snag a photo when she isn't watching.  No idea what she wants to do with her life, so she is going back for one semester to hone her art skills a little bit more.  

Enjoy the summer.  We have no plans for this year, just a few day trips here and there.  Keeping it simple as the knees don't like being confined in the vehicle.

Search This Blog