Baby panel

Baby panel
Flutterbye

Until the next quilt

Bella Sophia

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Ready for August

because the boy's birthday is in September!
This is for Mr. B...........grandson number one.  The cook in our family........well, only at work.
I opted to sew this together differently than what the pattern said.  I had a ton of the light fabric, so I cut lengths of about  3.5" x 84" and set them aside.  After what seemed like days I finally had all the squares sewn together.
The pattern calls for a horizontal layout (no I can't tell you what cause that is copyright) and I chose vertical.

Then I lost my mojo!  I was not the least bit interested in making this up.  Warm weather had arrived (note the word had) so I wanted to be outside.
Then........the warm weather left us and we were back to fall like temperatures.  That meant
downstairs and back to the machine.
I sewed three sets together late one afternoon and the next day
got back to work in the morning.
I worked for a couple of hours, took a break for lunch and got back to it.
I sewed two sets together and then took the pieces to the ironing board and pressed the seams flat
I decided to press them to the light side this time.
The four patch that is horizontal was the reason.  Sometimes the seams won't lie flat over these seams and I do like flat!
By 1:30 the entire top was together.  Final pressing was done and so it was back to the machine to stitch along the top and the bottom -- just in case the seams decided to open up
which in at least one case, they did
Out into the fresh air for a photo.  I was going to hang it on the line, but Karl was working on a replacement set of steps for my wee porch so I couldn't get up there
however as Karl is known to do, the steps were finished and put in place after a day's work.
I went outside the next morning to see if I could get a better photo
I present to you
A Moment in Time
or
The Breeze Does Blow
or 
What I do to Get a Good Shot!

Decision time on the thread.  Should I use Tassle or should I use the colour of the stripes.......



by Maya Angelou

"Sometimes a small thing you do can mean everything in another person's life. When you learn, teach. When you get, give."

Search This Blog

Print Friendly

Print Friendly and PDF