I had made a map of the backing, so I knew pretty well what I was going to do.
I had the backing fabrics at home after a quick trip over to Burlington. Two of them were here so I only needed two more.
I started with the centre. I cut light fabric so the ends were even and then layered that one along with the other two so they were all going to end up the same width. I lost a lot of fabric as one of them was darn narrow.
The fabric at the top in photo #2 I just cut right down the middle so half of it would be at the top and the bottom. I slit it as close as I could to the crease in the fold
The circle fabric I bought the entire length so I could just slit that one down the middle too.
I left the selvedges on and I did stitch across the top and bottom to avoid fraying. I'm hoping now it will be wide enough. If not, I can just take one side off, put a piece in and then sew it back on.
The pillowcases were all cut, so I put them through the serger.
This quilt isn't going on the frame until late August. I'm taking July off this year to fritz around doing not a lot of anything.