Friday, April 10, 2015

An extra post this week

because I thought you may be interested in this.  It will take time to read it, so I decided to post it on a Friday so you get 4 days to read and digest the contents.
My basic reason for posting this -- how much does that quilt cost?
"THAT much!!!"
"Yikes, is it made of gold?"
"Well, in some ways my friend, it is."
I would never consider selling a lap size quilt for less than $1000.  N.e.v.e.r!  Why?  The first things to think of are your basic supplies
How much did you sewing machine cost?
Your rotary cutter,  mat and ruler (s)
Thread?
Scissors?
Iron?
the list goes on and on and you haven't even bought your fabric yet.
Take your time reading this.  It is well worth it

http://www.mooreapproved.com/2015/02/quiltonomics-the-real-cost-of-quilts/

and when you are done with that blog, you can continue with this one........

http://www.superiorthreads.com/education/cotton-seed-to-fiber/


Reminder:  Don't forget to download your patterns.  Links are on the sidebar......you know, that "thingie" over there to the right.

I'm off to Stitch and Chat now.  I have bindings to do..........lots and lots of bindings.

Search This Blog