Thursday, March 19, 2015

Rules?

There are rules to quilting?  Well, other than the 1/4" seam allowance, I've been known to break them all.
When I think of an Irish chain quilt, I think of this design.
But this time when I made it, I did some switching about. Only with the fabric, the chain is still there. Rules are made to be broken, so they say.
The one fabric has elephants in it and I opted in the top and bottom rows to have them with their feet to the ground.
Second row, they are to the left
Third row to the right
Fourth row they are upside down.
Now it doesn't really matter which way the quilt goes over the baby
it is always right, because those feet are going every which way.
This is the backing
Left over fabric all completely used up now!
Two are from the same line, the white with the dots is the odd fellow out
I used a fusible bat.  I cut it really straight so I could put the backing right along the edge.
I could do the same with the top, but opted to pull it down about an inch.
I used my ruler as my guide.
I did free motion on the quilt.
The "E" is for elephant, maybe Emily, maybe Elizabeth....who knows
I used a Masterpiece Superior Thread called Canvas.....not quite white.
When I sewed the binding together, I put one strip one way, one strip the other.  I've never done that before, so I gave it a try.
Look carefully to find it.  Sorry, I should have taken the photo before I sewed it down.
All done and I got this one on the snow
and the backing..
three fabrics gone from the stash
For now, until next Tuesday










Search This Blog