Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Two posts today

because I have to share this with all of you.
I am a supporter of Ronald McDonald House in Hamilton, Ontario.  Those that read this blog know that.  I do it partially because it is a very good charity and secondly because of two little girls, Katie and Sarah who are no longer with us, but smiling down on us every day.
Yesterday after lunch Karl and I loaded up the car
with 30 candle mats, 6 pillowcases, 4 table runners, many many battery operated candles, 5 large candle holders, and 20 small candle holders
all collected from Friday's Fabulous Females.





When we stepped through the front door of the House, we were greeted by the loveliest lady who was so grateful for the donation.
I asked her if she would mind if I went down to the dining room to snap one photo 
and then we went back to the reception desk.  Linda came out to say hello and I started to fill out the donation forum.  Well, let me tell you this is a small, small world. 
A lady in the lobby asked Karl if the street we mentioned was in Oakville.  He said it was and lo and behold she lives in our neighborhood.  She is staying at RMH while her 15 year old son is in hospital at MacKids.
As soon as Linda heard the address, she told us her brother just lives down the street from us.  They have lived here for about a year.  I told her to pop down to see us next time she is over for a visit.
Then we asked her where she lived.  Good grief, she lives near our daughter in Burlington.
They have a little box on the receptionists counter and I looked into it.
I bought each of the girls in the family a tiny flashlight for their key chain and I got myself a USB stick
Karl bought himself a new hat......they promised him a starring role in their next commercial!  I said he could be cooking up something in the kitchen and they said.....that would work!

A great visit to a great place.  
I am absolutely thrilled to be a donor to such a great facility!







Search This Blog