Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Finishes!

I had a car accident in November.  I wasn't injured physically, but sadly to say my car was.  It happened on a Tuesday right after I had dropped Irene off at the GO station.  Thank goodness I took her there first and she wasn't in the car.  One scared, shocked person was enough.
I had already done one block for the Quilts of Valour, but I had one to go.
I do not like this line of fabric.  I have a lot of trouble working with it.  It is not Canadian.  It is dull and the black really, really bothers me.  My personal opinion is that our men and women have seen enough darkness and sadness in their line of work and that black just makes it worse.  Canada's colors are red and white.......think of our flag and then our very own iconic figure the Royal Canadian Mounted Police who wear that red wool serge jacket with such pride. Think of our Poppy......our symbol for remembering.  They didn't even work with the proper red.  I think this was the worst line of fabric that Northcott ever came up with.  Okay, off my soapbox.  My opinion and I'm entitled to it.
I worked away on my candle/centrepiece mats.  These are the last three I will be making.  I sure hope we collect enough for Ronald McDonald House.  I promise photos when they are all handed in.

I finally was able to work on my last baby quilt.  Our basement turned cold when winter decided to make an early entrance.  We had cold, cold winds and snow which isn't unusual but makes life uncomfortable.  I bundled up and went downstairs over a few days and quilted this.
 I used a grey thread first and then went over it with a white thread.  It's twice quilted!  I have wanted to try this for a long, long time.  
 If I did it again, I wouldn't use a thread that blended quite this well.  I should have used the blue, but you live and learn.
We have a new baby in our family.  This quilt is going to be given to him.
His name is Buster Brun (brown in Danish) and he belongs to our son, his wife and their two boys.
He is adored by them.




Search This Blog