Thursday, December 4, 2014

Cody has


purchased himself a sewing machine.  I was in a local store to buy some Christmas fabric
because I want to make a quilted tablecloth for our dining room table.  It won't be ready for this year, but definitely for next.  I saw a magnificent panto and Anne possesses it, so she is going to be asked if she will quilt it for me.  What a reason to buy fabric....a pantograph!
Anyway, back to the subject.
As I was walking through the store, I saw a Husqvarna #1 sitting on a shelf.  I asked Linda if it was for sale..........well some stores have "old" machines on display.  I knew this machine.  It was my first Husqvarna.
She gave me the asking price......$300 and I told her I would get back to her. 
I'm telling you, she couldn't cut the fabric fast enough so I could get home to phone Cody and tell him of my find!
He thought about, he phoned his Mom and then called me back all within a half hour or less time frame.
He picked it up on November 29th and was so proud of his machine.  Linda threw in 4 brand new feet for the machine.....one of them a gathering foot.  I don't recall the other 3.
He came to the house, set it up, learned to wind a bobbin and he was off.
First thing he did was sew some patches on his vest (as you will see in the next photo) and then he got started on his last (?????) gift for his girlfriend.
They went to see the new Disney movie "Big Hero 6" and she loves Baymax!  We designed a pillow for her and you can't tell her Cody has made one for her.

Yes, on the floor behind Cody is my Husqvarna #1, purchased in 1992......for $2816.  Still going strong, still the best machine that Husqvarna ever made.
His Mom asked if she could get him some seam rippers.  I said "no he has one" and then I saw this:



Search This Blog