Wednesday, October 15, 2014

The making of

Tranquility.
Wordless Wednesday......almost

 Have the pattern reduced in size
Tape it onto a piece of plex-i-glass

Trace onto fusible web

Select the fabrics
making sure you put your favourite in
fuse the appliqué pieces in place
take a few hours to stitch it all down
check to make sure you "got it all"
Spend an afternoon machine quilting the piece
This is a new Fantastico thread by Superior Threads
and this is a King Tut variegated
 all done!
sew a sleeve in place
make a label
 sew on the binding
Take a day at stitch and chat to do the hand sewing and voilà
it is done!
Not much to it at all.

After I snapped this photo at the Museum I turned around and saw this.  I know it's there, I've seen it many times.  I could take my Muskoka chair down to our harbor, sit near the tree and watch the sun go down.  
Tranquility in Oakville.










Search This Blog