Wednesday, April 9, 2014

I did it! I designed them!

Remember those coasters from last week????

I thought about them for a bit and grabbed the rest of the fabric, cut out a rectangle and then using my ruler cut them on a 60* angle.  
I stitched them together and trimmed them up to a width of 
2 1/2"
I added some borders
and then a body
made a fancy back
and after making two of them, I quilted them using straight lines only.
I wasn't going to bind them, but had enough fabric so I did.  No right angle join this time as fabric was getting scarce

I wanted to make sure that one join wasn't on a corner, so I auditioned the binding to make sure. 

To make absolutely sure they were both the same size
 I stacked them and cut them both at the same time.  I sat that evening and did the hand stitching of the binding and now they are ready for our first dinner outside on the patio
which is going to be a long time from now.  Spring has arrived, but the warm temps didn't.











Search This Blog