I thought about them for a bit and grabbed the rest of the fabric, cut out a rectangle and then using my ruler cut them on a 60* angle.
I stitched them together and trimmed them up to a width of
I added some borders
and then a body
made a fancy back
and after making two of them, I quilted them using straight lines only.
I wasn't going to bind them, but had enough fabric so I did. No right angle join this time as fabric was getting scarce
I wanted to make sure that one join wasn't on a corner, so I auditioned the binding to make sure.
To make absolutely sure they were both the same size
I stacked them and cut them both at the same time. I sat that evening and did the hand stitching of the binding and now they are ready for our first dinner outside on the patio
which is going to be a long time from now. Spring has arrived, but the warm temps didn't.