Thursday, October 10, 2013

Boy oh boy

When I was finished my Sylvia's quilt

please note the coral fabrics here.......

I went through the stash and set aside the largest pieces that I had left

and then I started to cut.  I had an idea for a baby quilt from
this pattern which I have done before.
At stitch and chat I sewed coral to cream in one long chain, cut them apart, pressed them and used
Karen's design wall......(I promise to get some information on this for you)
to set the blocks together.
After an hour of fiddling and fooling I gave up.  

I made pillowcases instead.
I got in the car and wasn't two blocks from where we meet and it hit me!!!!
Like a ton of bricks!!!
and I wondered if it would work.

I got home, put everything away and left it until the next day.

Ta-da!  It worked.  I fiddled a bit more, but I liked the outcome.  I used my own design instead of the pattern.  Maybe another time for that one.  

It is for a baby girl (whom I do not know) and now all I have to do is sandwich, machine quilt and maybe bind.  I don't know about that.  I don't have any matching fabric.  I'll have to see if I can come up with something.
It measures about 36" square and I think I have some blocks left over, so they are going on the back with fabric I'll have to dig out of somewhere.

To all my Canadian readers.......

enjoy your week-end with your family and friends.

Search This Blog