Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Wagon wheel……

it’s an easy block and one I really enjoy doing.
The fabrics I used give this one a bit of “motion” which was what I was looking for.  It’s an old block and it was used in the Underground Railroad quilts.
IMG_7002
  You can click on this link and you’ll see the meaning behind the quilt.  Very simply……wagons were places people could hide in when escaping to freedom.
It’s an easy block to make up and the technique which I’ve repeated again can be done for any size circle.
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B29u680jsp73amZjWWVKeXo1WU0/edit?usp=drive_web
IMG_7075

I have to share this with you.  Elaine just sent over a photo of the pillowcases she has made for High River Alberta.  Thank you so much Elaine.  Boy, this just warms the cockles of my heart!


Search This Blog