Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Silver Maple

I had to do some quick steps and replace the block originally intended.  I could have shown all of you how to put that block together, but to put it into words was causing me all kinds of problems.  I did some searching on EQ and found this one and as I really liked it, it became part of the quilt.

The Silver Maple grows very quickly and it is big. 












 It has a beautiful "silver" bark

and it has flowers too.







According to Wikipedia:

Acer saccharinum, commonly known as silver maple,[creek maple, silverleaf maple,soft maple, water maple swamp maple, or white maple]—is a species of maple native to eastern North America in the eastern United States and Canada.

I could give you all kinds of information on this tree, but do you really want to know?  I didn't think so.

The block is easy and it looks so good when it's done. 

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B29u680jsp73NDhNR2VLdmlVcU0/edit?usp=drive_web










Search This Blog