Friday, July 26, 2013

Oh, yes, I did!

shop that is.
I not only shopped on PEI at my favourite quilt shop in O’Leary, but then I got to shop again on my birthday.  I tell ya, it doesn’t get any better than this.
I needed fabric to finish up Kristina’s quilt.  I was told to go to a shop in Elmira that would definitely have the fabric I wanted.  Well, it really didn’t but I found something that will work.
fabric 001
  I’ve changed my mind on how I’m going to do this so I bought lots of fabric.  It’s a nice black with tiny little bits and bobs of “brown”.
I also bought some fabric to finish up the baby quilt I put together before we went away.
fabric 005
The blue is identical to the one in the background.  How lucky can I be.  I love strips for bindings and made sure I bought enough of it.
We popped into one of my favourite stores in New Hamburg.  I did a review on this shop after Charleen and I popped into it last spring.  Heart and Home Creations.
The fabric I purchased in PEI gave me more a bit more than I had bargained for.  I got two extra cuffs from two fabrics so I bought “bodies”.  The fabric I bought is perfect………..fabric 007
  I haven’t shown you what I bought in PEI yet, but it’s coming.  I’ve been into pillowcases which have been my priority.  I’ll get the photos up and show you everything ASAP.
As of last night and a full week of sewing and with only more more case to go…………..this is my donation to High River, Alberta.
pillowcases2 008
I’ll be back next week with a full column on the donations from ladies in my area. 

Search This Blog