Fall has arrived

Fall has arrived
my favourite time of the year

Until the next quilt

Bella Sophia

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

I’m now part of the

“i” generation…..the 4th one.
I bought an iPod.  I’m probably PEI fabric 014one of the last people on earth to do so, but it was time.  I have a great dislike for the music on the radio these days – I’m stuck way back when – so I wanted to have something to play what I like to hear.
I asked grandson #2 to come down to get me started and we downloaded some music.  Then all by myself I downloaded my favourite CD’s.  Old stuff, good stuff and even a couple for Karl.
Now I didn’t know but this little piece of technology can be used for a million other things as well.
I found an “app” for knitting
apps2
these are but a few that are available

look what is there for crocheting
apps3 


but best of all there is quilting!!!!!
apps
I have two in my little iPod.  They were both free because I only purchase “free”.  I have the Robert Kaufman quilting calculator
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=quilting.calculators&hl=en
and I have used it three times now……….well, I’m just getting started…..and the Quilting Daily app which I’m not sure if I will keep.  The print is rather small and I have to ENLARGE it so I can read it.  Not that great for old eyes.
I’m thinking I now need an iPhone.  I’m becoming a techie nerd!

My wrists are both sort of okay.  I think arthritis has set in, so I'm going to keep plugging along.  I've decided that the blog will continue on and run for 3 days per week.  Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.  That gives me 4 days of rest in between.  I don't think I'll ever be able to go back to 5 days of writing, but hey..................you never know!

by Maya Angelou

"Sometimes a small thing you do can mean everything in another person's life. When you learn, teach. When you get, give."

Search This Blog

Print Friendly

Print Friendly and PDF