Tuesday, July 30, 2013

I’m now part of the

“i” generation…..the 4th one.
I bought an iPod.  I’m probably PEI fabric 014one of the last people on earth to do so, but it was time.  I have a great dislike for the music on the radio these days – I’m stuck way back when – so I wanted to have something to play what I like to hear.
I asked grandson #2 to come down to get me started and we downloaded some music.  Then all by myself I downloaded my favourite CD’s.  Old stuff, good stuff and even a couple for Karl.
Now I didn’t know but this little piece of technology can be used for a million other things as well.
I found an “app” for knitting
apps2
these are but a few that are available

look what is there for crocheting
apps3 


but best of all there is quilting!!!!!
apps
I have two in my little iPod.  They were both free because I only purchase “free”.  I have the Robert Kaufman quilting calculator
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=quilting.calculators&hl=en
and I have used it three times now……….well, I’m just getting started…..and the Quilting Daily app which I’m not sure if I will keep.  The print is rather small and I have to ENLARGE it so I can read it.  Not that great for old eyes.
I’m thinking I now need an iPhone.  I’m becoming a techie nerd!

My wrists are both sort of okay.  I think arthritis has set in, so I'm going to keep plugging along.  I've decided that the blog will continue on and run for 3 days per week.  Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.  That gives me 4 days of rest in between.  I don't think I'll ever be able to go back to 5 days of writing, but hey..................you never know!

Search This Blog