That’s how many are now done. I was going to deliver 9 of them and then decided to buckle down and get the last one quilted.
I love to make tops,
I love to make backings but
putting them together………………….not so much.
It isn’t difficult, I just don’t like it!
Anyway, I have one to do for a friend and thought a bit of practice wouldn’t go amiss before I did her wall hanging.
These two quilts were due to go to Robin, but I had to cancel. My funds are limited right now, so I have to get them done myself. I opted for easy quilting…..I stitched down the red sashings and then did free motion in the blocks.
I found the bird on the internet and just changed the size of him to fit the blocks I sewed him in. The l-o-n-g block I did using my Word programme, switching the paper size to legal. It worked out well. One day of sewing at stitch and chat and the binding was done. Its on the pile, ready to go.
It’s partner is up next and I think I may change the quilting on that one. Maybe flowers and birds. I love that bird and it’s so easy to quilt . Thank you to the designer of this one whomever you may be.