King Tut Thread, Superior Threads

Until the next quilt

Bella Sophia

Friday, April 19, 2013

Short, sweet and to the

point.  Nothing fancy or gabby today.
My quilt for Quilts of Valour is ready to go...........but no label was on it.  I went onto the website to find what they suggested.  Heck they actually give you one.
I downloaded one for myself and one for Margery.  When I ran them off I discovered they were kind of small.  No room for sewing IMG_6160on border fabric, so I thought about it for awhile and came up with this.....
I used fusible web behind the label and applied it to the same fabric as the backing.  I sewed it down to give it extra durability.  As of writing this blog, I didn't have it sewn in place, but I decided to sew it down on an angle in one corner.

Something just a little bit different.
IMG_6159We are dropping off the quilts tomorrow when we go to the Mississauga Quilt Show.  5 of us are travelling over to take it in and then I heard we're going out for lunch! 
I've been asked by Robin to take photos so one more reason to get the pictures, put them into a Smilebox and share them with you soon.
Here's the link for their show
http://mississaugaquiltersguild.ca/quilt-show/


By the way, it's sewn down now.

by Maya Angelou

"Sometimes a small thing you do can mean everything in another person's life. When you learn, teach. When you get, give."

Search This Blog

Print Friendly

Print Friendly and PDF