Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Last fall I took a workshop

to make a quilt called Lucky Stars.  I had “leftover” fabric from Connecting Threads so I decided to use it up.
After all the blocks were done, I laid them on the floor, sorted and selected and then sewed them all together.  I had three blocks left ~~ or so I thought!
When I went downstairs I found another block, but it was toooooooooo late.  I wasn’t taking the quilt apart to re-sort, re-select, re-place and re-sew.  What was done, was done.
I sent it off to Robin the first of the February and it is now done.  It is being donated to Quilts of Valour in memory of my cousin’s son, Lt. Wm. Turner.
The front:
 IMG_5618
                      The back:
IMG_5619 The quilting design by Robin, PettyQuilt Junction in Burlington, Ontario

IMG_5601




This has nothing to do with quilting at all.  Its just a thing that Karl and I watch every year at this time....................curling...........that crazy sport where you don special shoes and throw a "rock" down the ice.  That "rock" is 80 lbs. of granite.  Our favourite team is Team Ontario.  We've watched them for years and cheered them on.  I'm happy to report at this time that we are undefeated and hope it stays that way.  Yeah Team Howard.


Sorry, sorry, I just had to come back and post this.  I just read this on the web.  It's wonderful darrrrrrrlings!!!

http://naptimequilter.blogspot.ca/2010/04/friday-favourite-lint-tool.html

Search This Blog