Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Some days I sit here

wonder what the heck I will ever talk about. Now you all think that doesn’t happen often, but boy do I have news for you. Its hard to write a daily column and not – well hopefully, repeat yourself. Something's bear repeating, others don’t.
A few years ago at that guild I used to belong to, a chap came in selling books. I saw one, sat down to think about it and when I went back it was gone!!!! Someone had bought it. I have a theory about that. If you stop to think about a purchase and it’s not there when you go back, you just were not suppose to have it. Ya, well sometimes I am and sometimes I’m not! This was a "yes, I am" I never stopped looking for that book and guess what ~~ I found it. Online.
I found it here…… https://www.e-patternscentral.com/customers/login.php?bookshelf=1 the bookI had no idea what it was called but I kept plugging things into Google and lo and behold it came up. I paid my big bucks and downloaded the whole book into my computer. I have it forever. I want to make that Valentine’s Day candle mat for the old fella and I.

This is from Flare Fabrics in Toronto. I follow her on Facebook and she posted some really nice things you could make. This was one of them and I took to it right away. http://content.janome.com/index.cfm/ProjectCenter/Project_Detail/Keep_the_Heart_Truth_Growing_Wallhanging I don’t know whether I will get it done for this year.  Reds are not a fabric in my stash.  It may be something for down the road.
One day at stitch and chat we were talking about Sherri Hisey from Border Creek.  I said I really liked two of her patterns and boy Margery was up and got the basket with the patterns in them.  Boy, she moved fast!  I picked out the two I liked ~~ this one especially ~~ border creek 1 001  I like the funky flowers and yes as someone suggested I could go on the internet and get flowers for free, but I wanted the pattern.  I’m thinking of checking out my stash and doing it scrappy.  Then there was this one.  I thought ~ oh, boy ~ easy-peasy.  Then I read it!  Good grief, Charlie Brown, those rectangles are flying geese!!!!border creek 2 001 I couldn’t believe it.  It sure didn’t look like it.  I was thinking child’s quilt for donation, but that is not going to happen…..well, not yet anyway.  If I spend that much time on a quilt it’s staying right here in Bev Land.  I know I can do it with Thangles, but, but, but that adds to the expense.  I have to do a re-think on this one. Okay, re-thought that one.  I'll make it larger and give it to a grand...................sometime in the future.
I have bought two other books lately, but I lent them out and they haven't come back home yet. I will do a review on them as these are books every Grandma should have on her shelf.












Search This Blog