Just Ducky

Just Ducky
by Cheri Leffler

Until the next quilt

Bella Sophia

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Then she made...............

no not me, this fabulous gal on the internet that makes the best things.  Her name is Amy and her site is:
http://www.thenshemade.com/
Somehow I found this…..did someone tell me about it?…..could have been……………………..
The link I was given by someone, some day, was for a snowman.  An adorable little snow person that will brighten anyone’s day.  When I went down to the store for my day out Margery already had her men/women done.
IMG_4960These have to be the cutest.  I borrowed one and came home with great plans.  It took me two days to go out and buy the socks and on a Friday IMG_4973evening I sat in the living-room, fiddling and fooling around.  I made four in no time flat.  The noses aren't on.  I was going to cut them with side cutters.................by the way, I made them from a skewer, painted it and ....................Karl cut them apart on the band saw. 

Okay complete description on how to do the noses.  The above is rather vague.

I took a meat skewer, painted it orange and then put in in the pencil sharpener.  I marked it off from the tip at 3/4" and gave it to Karl to cut them apart.  I kept doing the same thing with the same skewer until I couldn't fit it in the pencil sharpener anymore.  I did get all the noses you see from one skewer.  I had to repaint the tip, but that took seconds.  How did I hold it?  I placed an old pin in the flat end and held onto that.  I used Folk Art paint.  I then glued it on with tacky glue from Aleene's.  You could use a glue gun, if you wanted to, but watch how much glue you use. 

Okay to fill them.  I took craft beads about a 1/4 cup and put that in the base first.  Then I filled with stuffing. And I really, really filled them.  Those socks will stretch a lot. You can wiggle the base and have them stand flat and they will stand on their own.

I bought my socks at Bonnie Togs.  I don't know if this is just a Canadian chain of children's wear stores.  Anyway, they were just children's socks.  They fit Morgan but then and again, she isn't a big 12 year old.  Going to take after her Mom......a little shorty.

Well, I posted this on Facebook and lo and behold, our daughter in law requested 3 of them.  No surprise there.  I made these for her.  No noses again!  IMG_4983 but they were there when I gave them away.

Wish I had kept them....................I really like these, but I will get to make more.  Charleen wants to make some.

Gee, good add for Sony there. 

by Maya Angelou

"Sometimes a small thing you do can mean everything in another person's life. When you learn, teach. When you get, give."

Search This Blog

Print Friendly

Print Friendly and PDF