sew! Our little group met on Wednesday and I took along my pot holders to do the binding on and my wreath block.
The pot holders are done. I hope my receiveeeeees will like them. These are being put away until Christmas……well we only have 341 days left to get our gift making done. LOL
I decided all of them would be made from black and whites and lime greens. Love this combination. And with the lime green it is visible so it doesn’t get lost on the counter under something.
I used the same pattern for all of them. It is called Pot handlers and its from Tiger Lily Press. I didn’t use the directions. I wanted the size and the template inside. After I made one I thought I had wasted my money cause I could have come up with it myself and then shared with you. I still don’t know how she suggested we make these, but I did two at a time. I laid my fabrics out – black on white and white on black --
one on top of the other and cut them 10 x 12”. Then I cut each of them in half…..both ways…
then I separated them to look like this. I stitched them together to make a four patch.
I sandwiched them with insulating batting and silver then sewed them in the ditch both ways. Then I trimmed them off.
I did this three times so I ended up with 6 pot holders. I added the little pocket which is not insulated and trimmed off with binding.
This was my choice for some of them, but as it had to be a bias cut, it didn’t look straight by the time I was done.
I have one more to do and they will all be done and put away in “the box”.
While we were at stitch and chat we all made decisions on what fabrics we were buying. There was a 25% off sale going on. Margery brought in her latest quilt for Quilts of Valour. The picture does not do it justice. It was gorgeous.
She chose the very last piece of the red and cream stripe from the Canadiana line from Northcott for the backing. This line was designed with the thought of people using it for the Quilts of Valour. Lucky person who receives this. Congrats Margery its beautiful.